TOP-9 effective budget ways to clean the sofa from grease at home
Upholstered furniture without removable covers is quickly rubbed and greased.
You can return an attractive look to the sofa at home using available tools.
About, how and what can you clean the upholstery of the sofa (from different types of fabric) from grease at home, read the article.
Traditional methods of cleaning greasy upholstery on upholstered furniture
Grease and scuffs that appear during operation on the surface of the sofa can be removed with folk remedies.
Consider the type of upholstery before choosing a recipe sofa. Not all fabrics can be wet or rubbed with a brush.
|Material||Dry cleaning||Wet cleaning||Prohibited formulations||Prohibited funds|
|Tapestry, jacquard||+||—||Any liquids||Brushes|
|Velours||+||+||Soda, washing powders||Brushes|
|Velvet, plush||+||+||Alcohol||No restrictions|
Stubborn stains are removed by a strong saline solution.
- In a liter of warm water, dilute 2 tablespoons of salt.
- The composition is applied to the stain and after a third of an hour is removed with a slightly damp sponge.
Spots that have appeared recently can be sprinkled with salt. After 15-20 minutes, it is removed with a vacuum cleaner.
Sodium chloride removes grease from the upholstery of the sofa. There are several ways to do this:
- Blot stains with a damp sponge or cloth, sprinkle with baking soda. After 30 minutes, wipe the upholstery with a microfiber brush or cloth, wait until the treated areas are dry and vacuum the sofa. Wipe the surface with a damp sponge or cloth.
Rinse them out as often as possible to eliminate streaks.
- Old stains can be removed with soda gruel. It is mixed with water in a 1: 1 ratio. It is applied to the rubbed area and gently rubbed into it with a soft bristle brush. After an hour, if the sofa is dry, it is vacuumed. Remove soda residues with a damp sponge or cloth.
- A mixture of baking soda, water and dishwashing liquid can remove stubborn dirt. In a liter of water, mix two tablespoons of soda and detergent. Stir and apply foam to problem areas. After 15 minutes, the composition is removed with a damp cloth.
Vinegar and soda
A mixture of 9% vinegar with the addition of baking soda removes grease, returns brightness to the upholstery.
What you need:
- Spray bottle with a volume of 1 liter.
- 100 milliliters of vinegar.
- 0.5 l of water.
- A tablespoon of baking soda.
Reapply it if necessary... After the stains have been removed, wipe the treated area with a cloth soaked in clean water.
For more detailed instructions on how to clean your sofa with baking soda and vinegar, see here.
You can use laundry soap to remove wear from the armrests, backrest or seat of the sofa.
What you need:
- A container with a volume of more than 5 liters.
- A bar of laundry soap.
- Rag or brush.
It is necessary to rub the soap, dissolve the shavings in water, beat the foam... Rub it on problem areas and leave for 10 minutes. Wipe gently with a brush or microfiber cloth.
If you don't feel like messing around with the soap shavings, you can slightly moisten the greasy spot with a spray bottle and rub it with laundry soap. Leave on for 10 minutes, then remove with a damp cloth and a brush.
This method requires less preparation time. It will take a little longer to remove soap from the sofa. Clean pile upholstery only in the direction of the pile.
For cleaning upholstery from grease you can use ammonia:
- It is diluted with water 1: 1.
- Wipe the stains with a cosmetic disc or soft cloth.
- After the grease is removed, wipe the surface with a damp, clean cloth.
You can remove dirt from light-colored upholstery with shaving foam... A small amount of it is applied to the spots, rubbed gently with your hand.
After 20-30 minutes, the foam is removed with a damp sponge, then the sofa is wiped with a dry microfiber cloth.
On old stains, the product can be left overnight. They start cleaning the sofa from the back, then go to the seats, then the armrests.
Household cleaning products for stains on fabric
You can remove stains from the upholstery of the sofa using household chemicals. In shops you can find special foams and sprays for cleaning upholstered furniture:
Foam for cleaning upholstered furniture made of natural and synthetic upholstery. The product is sprayed onto the sofa with a thin layer from a distance of 25 cm. Then, it is brushed over the surface. The foam is left to dry completely, after which the sofa is vacuumed.
- ease of use;
- removes fresh stains well;
- removes unpleasant odors.
- old spots may not cope with the first time;
- if applied excessively, streaks form;
- dries for a long time.
Price: 360 rubles.
The composition is applied with a sponge to the entire surface of the sofa, rubbed in, and left for two hours. Then the sofa is vacuumed.
- removes fresh stains;
- removes unpleasant odors.
- several applications are required to remove stubborn dirt;
- may lie unevenly on the upholstery;
- divorces remain.
Price: 240 rubles.
Spray for cleaning carpets and upholstery is sprayed on the contaminated areas. Then rub it gently with a soft cloth. Leave to dry completely. Then the sofa is vacuumed.
- removes stains;
- has no unpleasant odor;
- ease of use.
- divorces remain;
- the first time does not remove old stains.
Price: 380 rubles. Step-by-step instructions on how to clean a sofa "Vanish" and not spoil the upholstery is presented in this article.
Despite the simplicity of the recipes, home cleaning has its own subtleties. Rules to help you avoid unpleasant surprises:
- Front fight stains on the sofa vacuum the upholstery.
- It is better to cover the fittings with foil.
- The floor near the sofa is covered with oilcloth or an old sheet.
- You can avoid streaks by applying the composition to the entire surface.
- Detergents with chlorine are prohibited.
- Clean light-colored upholstery with a white cloth only.
You can remove grease with vinegar or salt, laundry soap or shaving foam. Will come to the rescue and ammonia.
If you have neither the time nor the desire to tinker with homemade products, you can use special sprays or foams.