Oil stains are some of the most difficult stains. They look untidy, quickly darken due to the adhesion of dust and are difficult to remove.
However, the task can be coped with if you choose the right tool. Read about how to remove vegetable and machine oil stains from different surfaces in the article.
- How can you remove a trace from a vegetable?
- How to remove contamination from a machine?
- Features of cleaning different surfaces
- What can't be used?
- Helpful information
How can you remove a trace from a vegetable?
You can remove a stain from vegetable oil with the help of improvised and special means. Three of the best folk recipes for fighting fat stains:
- Salt. On the contaminated area, it must be poured in a thick layer and lightly tamped with your finger.
The salt is left on the surface for 20 minutes, after which it is shaken off with a dry brush. If a trace remains, the thing is washed in warm water using a powder.
- Laundry soap... It needs to be grated and diluted with a little warm water. The final mass should have the consistency of thick sour cream.
The soiled fabric is slightly moistened with warm water and a prepared paste is applied to it, which is slightly foamed with a toothbrush. Leave the thing for 30 minutes, then wash it.
- Ammonia... They are poured over the stain abundantly and left for 40 minutes. After the specified time, the product must be washed in warm water with the addition of washing powder.
This article shows you how to remove oil stains from clothes, furniture, etc.
In addition to folk remedies, you can use special formulations that are designed to get rid of stains that have a fat base. Top 3 effective formulations:
Pro-Brite Axel-6 Oil and Grease Remover
Remedy for greasy and oily stains... Universal spray that can be used on textile and hard surfaces. The preparation is ready to use. The price is 400 rubles.
Lion Top Precare stain remover
Food Stain Remover suitable for dealing with fresh and old dirt. It is applied to the stain, rubbed until completely absorbed, and then washed in water using a detergent. Suitable for white and colored fabrics. The price is 450 rubles.
Dr.Beckmann Expert Fats and Sauces
Formulated specifically to fight greasy stains, including from vegetable oil. The gel can even be used on fabrics that are not washable. Price - 180 rubles.
Before starting the main procedure, blot the stain with a paper towel. It is soaked in the dirt until the oil stops absorbing into the paper.
How to remove contamination from a machine?
Dealing with an engine oil stain is difficult. To remove it, potent substances are required. The following compositions are most effective:
- Turpentine. To prevent it from spreading over the surface of the product, it is mixed with starch to form a thick slurry. In this form, the product is applied to the contaminated area and left for 20 minutes.
The dried gruel is swept away with a brush, and the thing is washed in warm water using powder and fabric softener. Dry your clothes in the fresh air to get rid of the turpentine smell completely.
- Petrol. You need to use liquid for refueling lighters, since it has undergone special cleaning and does not contain foreign impurities. A teaspoon of gasoline is mixed with a teaspoon of soda. The gruel is spread over the surface of the product and left to dry completely. Then the product is removed with a brush, and the item is washed in warm water.
- Mustard vinegar... To begin with, sprinkle a fresh stain with mustard and leave for half an hour. After the specified period of time, it is shaken off the fabric and poured with vinegar 9%, diluted with water in equal proportions. After 30 minutes, the item is washed as usual.
He will tell you how to remove a stain from machine oil from asphalt, concrete, tiles this article.
In addition to folk recipes, you can use specialized formulations. Top 3 best remedies:
Gel stain remover for machine oil, grease and bitumen can be used for processing different types of fabric, as well as for polishing shoes and caring for items that are not suitable for washing. Price - 180 rubles.
This product is effective against stubborn stains, suitable for delicate fabrics, and does not contain chlorine. Price - 550 rubles.
Selena Stain wash enhancer
The liquid is suitable for all types of fabrics... It is added during washing and during soaking. For 10 liters of water, you will need 1.5 tablespoons of detergent. Price - 40 rubles for a 50 ml bottle.
Features of cleaning different surfaces
Means for removing greasy marks will differ depending on the surface to be treated. Those compositions that are suitable for cleaning the floor are not applicable for the care of things.
How to remove stains from clothes?
If you act quickly, you can remove a fresh stain from clothes without washing. First aid funds:
- crushed chalk;
You can quickly get rid of the stain with an iron... It is heated to medium temperature, after which the item is ironed through a napkin. Paper must be placed not only from above, but also from below, so that the fat does not transfer to the lining.
There are several ways to remove a greasy trace from paper. Effective methods:
- Flour. To begin with, blot the stained sheet with a napkin to remove most of the fat.
Then a paper towel is placed under it, and wheat flour is poured over the stain. After 2 hours it is removed with a dry soft brush. If a trace remains, the procedure must be repeated.
- Soda. It can be used to handle thick or glossy paper. A tablespoon of baking soda is diluted in a little water.The resulting solution is impregnated with a sponge, squeezed well and carefully treated with contamination. Do not wet the paper too much so as not to damage it. After cleaning, the area is blotted with dry napkins.
- Chalk paste... To prepare it, you need 1 tablespoon of crushed chalk and half a tablespoon of water. The soiled sheet is laid on a cloth napkin, after which the prepared composition is applied to the stain in an even layer. From above, the area is covered with clean paper and ironed with an iron. The chalk is shaken off with a brush.
The oil trail on the wallpaper spoils their appearance. You can try to withdraw it using tools such as:
- Chalk and bread crumb... The chalk is rubbed into the stain on the wallpaper, after which it is collected with bread crumb, working with it like a school eraser.
- White clay... It is diluted with a small amount of water, after which the paste is applied to the wallpaper and left to dry completely. After a few hours, the crust is carefully removed.
- Soap paste... It is prepared on the basis of any solid soap, applied to the wallpaper, removed after half an hour.
Off the floor
You can remove oil stains from the floor with different compositions:
- oak floors are treated with a cotton pad dipped in turpentine;
- the parquet is cleaned with magnesia powder, which is rubbed into the contaminated area and left for 30 minutes - if it is not in the home medicine cabinet, you can use toothpaste or tooth powder;
- linoleum is treated with a soap solution based on dishwashing detergent or liquid laundry soap;
- sprinkle a fresh stain on the parquet with talcum powder, cover with gauze and iron it with an iron.
From the surface of the water
You can remove the oil film from the water surface in different ways, including:
- Sheets of paper... They are neatly laid out on the water surface, after which they are taken out by one edge.
- Sawdust. They are placed on top of the film, then collected and disposed of. This is a laborious task, but it gives a good result.
- Syringe. If the stain is small, it can be collected with a syringe without a needle.
Massive oil contamination of water requires specialist attention.
What can't be used?
To remove fat traces, you can not use products such as:
- high concentration acids;
- substances containing chlorine;
- caustic solvents.
Tips for removing oil stains:
- Fresh stains are easier to remove from any surface, so you need to start the procedure without delay.
- The selected product is first tested on a discreet area to ensure that it does not harm the clothing.
- When treating a thing soiled with oil, you need to lay it out on a napkin so that the stain does not spread to a clean surface.
You can remove the oil stain with the help of improvised and professional tools.... You need to choose them based on the characteristics of the surface to be treated. Traditional methods require more time, and store trains require financial investments.