It is easy to stain clothes with paint, but getting rid of the stain is much more difficult. To cope with it and not harm things, you need to act quickly.
To remove paint, you can use both improvised means and professional household chemicals. Regardless of the chosen cleaning method, the existing rules cannot be neglected.
In this article we will tell you how to display ink from a printer, stamp, construction from white, black and colored clothing at home.
- Universal recipes for fighting paint on fabric
- Stain removers
- Rules for removing traces from white, black and colored clothing
- How can you wash different types of paints and varnishes?
- Features of cleansing various types of fabrics
- How to get rid of dried up quickly?
- Important recommendations
Universal recipes for fighting paint on fabric
You can remove the stain with the help of substances that are found in every person's house.... Both food products, such as salt and vinegar, and chemicals such as acetone, turpentine and chlorine, come to the rescue. You can choose the right composition based on the situation.
How to clean with gasoline?
Gasoline is one of the most well-known paint thinners. Oil formulations react best to it. Use refined gasoline to refuel lighters to remove stains from clothing. It is cheap and comes in small packages.
Mode of application:
- Cotton wool is moistened in gasoline and applied to the stained fabric.
- Leave the tampon on for 15-30 minutes.
- Begin to scrub the paint in a circular motion from the edge of the stain to its center.
- Wash the item in warm water using laundry soap.
If it was not possible to cope with the pollution the first time, the procedure is repeated. Gasoline can be replaced with kerosene.
Gasoline evaporates quickly, inhaling its vapors can cause poisoning and dizziness.... Therefore, the procedure must be carried out in a well-ventilated area. A respirator can be used as additional protection.
Salt and vinegar
You can get rid of the paint with a mixture of vinegar and salt. Every housewife has these products in the kitchen. For processing, you need to use table vinegar with a concentration of 9% and ordinary table salt without additives and flavors.
Mode of application:
- mix a tablespoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of vinegar;
- apply the composition to the stain;
- rub the paint with a toothbrush;
- wash a thing in warm water with powder.
Do not allow the contact of ammonia on the skin of the face and on the mucous membranes. You need to work with it in a well-ventilated area.
How to wipe off with acetone?
Acetone breaks down the dye molecules so that it can be easily removed from the surface of the fabric.
Mode of application:
- A swab is moistened with acetone, with which the stain is gently blotted.
- If the paint cannot be cleaned, you can leave the swab in the form of a compress. The maximum holding time is 10-15 minutes. If you overexpose it, the fabric will simply dissolve.
- When the stain is wiped off, the item is washed as usual.
If acetone is not at hand in its pure form, it is replaced with a nail polish remover.
Acetone is used with caution to remove paint from colored items, as it can cause the pigment to wash out. White things are processed carefully so that there are no streaks on them. Acetone has a pungent odor, so you need to work with it in a respirator.
How to remove with turpentine?
Turpentine is a colorless liquid with a pungent odor. It has the property of dissolving paint and varnish products without harm to the fabric.
Mode of application:
- Apply turpentine to a sponge or cotton pad.
- Wipe the stain with it. Processing should be carried out from two sides: from the outside and from the wrong side.
- Remove excess funds with paper napkins.
- They wash the thing in the usual way.
How to clean with glass cleaner?
You can use a glass cleaner to remove paint from clothing. It is aimed at the spot and rubbed with a cotton pad for 3 minutes. Then the item must be rinsed in clean running water. The procedure is repeated until the stain is completely removed.
Means that can be used to combat paint:
- Mr. Muscule Professional with ammonia. The price of the bottle is 150 rubles.
- Prosept Optic Shine Spray with ammonia. The cost of the funds is 120 rubles.
- Spray Shine with ammonia. The price of the spray is 70 rubles.
- Clin spray... The cost of the bottle is 130 rubles.
- Glass cleaner Help... The cost of the product is 70 rubles.
You can buy the product both in a retail store in the household chemicals department and on the Internet.
Chlorine or sodium hydrochloride is a substance used to remove stubborn stains.
You can only work with chlorine with gloves.... After washing, the room must be thoroughly ventilated. There is an aqueous solution of bleach on sale called whiteness.
If the fabric is thick and durable, the product can be applied undiluted to the stain. You can leave the composition on things for no more than a minute.
This method is applicable to:
- coarse calico,
- white jeans,
- linen products.
If you do not rinse the fabric out of chlorine well, then an unpleasant odor will come from it, which negatively affects a person's well-being. Chlorine leads to the erosion of tissue fibers upon prolonged contact with it.
How to use chlorine:
- in a liter of water, dilute a tablespoon of chlorine in powder;
- soak a thing soaked in paint in it;
- leave to act for 15 minutes;
- if the stain has not disappeared, it is lathered and rubbed by hand or with a brush;
- rinse the thing thoroughly.
How to clean with vinegar?
Using vinegar, you can get rid of acrylic and watercolor paint on things. To remove stains, you need not essence, but table vinegar with a concentration of 9%.
Mode of application:
- Heat a small amount of vinegar until steam appears.
- Apply warm compound to the stain.
- Leave to act for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash in warm water and soap or powder.
How to remove a stain with white spirit?
White spirit is an organic solvent that is excellent for removing oil paints.
How to use it:
- moisten a cotton pad with white spirit;
- wipe the paint stain with it, or apply a product in the form of a compress;
- wait 15-20 minutes;
- wash the thing as usual.
The main disadvantage of this product is a pungent specific smell, but it quickly disappears from clothes. To get rid of it, the thing needs to be washed and rinsed thoroughly.
Respiratory protection must be used when handling solvent., as its vapors can cause poisoning.
How to remove solvent contamination?
You can use a solvent to remove paint from things. Both expensive solvents and economical products are suitable for removing paint.
Mode of application:
- a white cloth is placed under the back of the fabric so as not to stain the clean side of the clothes;
- moisten a cotton pad with a solvent, wring it out well;
- rub off the paint in a circular motion, regularly changing the sponges;
- after processing, they wash the thing in the usual way.
Solvents that can be used:
- White Spirit (300 rubles).
- Thinner B-650 (70 rubles).
- Colorink (250 rubles).
- Hammerite solvent and paint cleaner (1400 rubles).
You can get rid of paint with the help of professional household chemicals. It is important to choose a stain remover that has strong ingredients in its composition, but will not harm the fabric.
When buying, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- The purpose of the stain remover... There are detergents for washing only white or only colored items. Also on sale are universal stain removers.
- Composition. In order for the product to help get rid of the paint, it may contain surfactants (active substances that dissolve dirt), enzymes (amino acids that gently clean the fabric), active oxygen (pushes dirt to the surface), chlorine (an aggressive bleach that is not suitable for washing delicate fabrics ), alcohol (active solvent for oil paints).
- Release form... Liquid stain removers are versatile and should not be used on delicate items.
General instructions for use with stain removers:
- Remove tough crust from the surface of the fabric. To do this, gently rub the paint with a knife or razor.
- Apply the substance to the stain. For powder products, the contaminated area is pre-moistened with water.
- Leave for a while (for exact instructions, see the instructions for use for the selected product).
- Wash the item as usual.
Top 3 best
You can get rid of paint using the following tools:
- Udalix Oxi Ultra... This powder contains enzymes, surfactants and oxygen bleach so that it can cope with even the most stubborn stains.
The product works best at a water temperature of 60 degrees. For soaking for 2 liters of liquid, take 3 tablespoons of powder. The exposure time is 1-3 hours. The cost of a 500 g package is 270 rubles.
- Stain remover salt Dr. Beckmann... Salt helps to deal with stubborn paint stains, as it contains a fat solvent and active oxygen.
The stain must be moistened with water, sprinkled with powder and moistened again. Leave the product on for 60 minutes or longer, after which the item is washed as usual. The cost of a pack of 100 g is 130 rubles.
- Typhoon Oxi-pro... This stain remover contains active oxygen to help remove stubborn stains, but should not be used on delicate fabrics. To soak, dissolve 1.5 scoops of powder in 1 liter of water. It can take up to 12 hours to remove the stain. Then the item is washed as usual. The cost of a 270 g package is 180 rubles.
Stain removers can be purchased from household chemicals stores or ordered online.
Rules for removing traces from white, black and colored clothing
When removing dye from white things, the following rules must be observed:
- Soak white items separately from colored items.
- Do not try to wipe a stain off a white item with a colored cloth or napkin.
- Clothes made from natural and synthetic fabrics can be soaked in stain removers and bleach for a long time.
- Rinse the products in warm and then cool water.
- For white clothes, you can use products that contain bleach.
- When removing a stain, the napkin or cotton pad should be changed regularly.
When cleaning colored items, the following rules must be observed:
- Black and colored items must be washed separately.
- Do not use aggressive stain removers or products containing bleach to remove paint.
- The maximum soaking time is 1 hour.
- Do not rub the stain too hard with a brush, so as not to provoke the removal of the fabric's own pigment.
- It is not recommended to wash colored items in water above 40-60 degrees.
Each product has a label on which the rules for washing laundry are indicated. It is located on the inside of the product. This information is required to read.
How can you wash different types of paints and varnishes?
The method of cleaning will differ depending on the type of paint. All recommendations can be found in the table:
|Acrylic||Salt, vinegar, ammonia (ammonia), acetone.|
|Oil and enamel||Gasoline, kerosene, white spirit, acetone, "butter + washing powder".|
|Watercolor and gouache||Soap, laundry detergent, any stain remover.|
|Printer ink||Alcohols, lemon juice or vinegar, laundry soap,|
|Alkyd||Laundry soap, acetone, turpentine, white spirit, kerosene, ammonia.|
|Water emulsion||Laundry detergents containing a high level of surfactants. Remove fresh stains with alcohol.|
|Stamp||Turpentine, ammonia, glycerin.|
|For hair||Any products containing alcohol.|
One hundred percent methods and ways how to wash the paint from the bench from clothes are presented in this article.
Features of cleansing various types of fabrics
Depending on the type of fabric, you need to use different stain removal products. All recommendations are presented in the table.
|Fabric type||Removal products|
|Cotton and linen||Washing at a temperature of 40-95 degrees. Any means are suitable, except for those that are prohibited by the manufacturer of the thing. You can dissolve the paint with gasoline, kerosene, white spirit, etc.|
|Synthetics (elastane, polyamide, polyester)||Washing temperature up to 40 degrees. To remove paint, you can use a gentle, acetone-free and solvent-free product. You can use lemon juice, glycerin, dishwashing detergent, gasoline, kerosene, white spirit.|
|Jeans||Vinegar, gasoline, kerosene, tar and laundry soap, acetone, "salt + vinegar + ammonia". Carefully use any formulations on brightly colored jeans.|
|Silk, wool and other delicate fabrics||Hand wash up to 30 degrees. Soaking is prohibited. Turpentine and delicate stain removers are suitable for removing paint.|
Basic rules on how and how to remove paint from pants and not spoil them can be found in this article.
How to get rid of dried up quickly?
Important removal features dried paint:
- If the paint is dry, you need to scrape it a little with a knife or razor to remove the top layer.
- You can use vegetable oil or butter to soften the paint.
- Compresses with the chosen cleaning agent help well. They are left on the spot for 15-30 minutes.
Read more here.
When removing paint from fabrics you need to adhere to the following recommendations:
- carefully study the information on washing things.
- do not wash dirty and clean items together.
- observe the dosage of the stain remover.
- when choosing a product, pay attention to the type of fabric and the type of paint.
Do not rub the fabric strongly so as not to damage its integrity.
You can get rid of paint on your clothing by following the instructions for removing it. Old stains are harder to deal with than fresh ones. Therefore, the processing of the product should be started immediately after the incident.